About us: Since 1962, Southern Industrial has helped install and maintain the manufacturing and industrial base that has fueled growth across the Southeast.
We have grown from a Carolinas-based crane and rigging company into the leading provider of turn-key industrial construction and plant maintenance services in the Southeast.
As part of EMCOR Group, Southern Industrial's ability to serve our customers is enhanced by EMCOR's financial strength and national presence.
Job Title: Crane Mechanic
Job Summary: Southern Industrial Constructors is seeking an experienced full time CRANE Mechanic for its Raleigh, NC location.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review the work schedule, check the equipment and supplies required to perform the work scheduled complying with PPE requirements, and otherwise prepare for duties.
- Use repair manuals, parts manuals, and parts diagrams to troubleshoot engines, engine fuel systems, transmissions, or other components on the equipment.
- Use lift trucks and other aides to lift or move parts into position to be repaired.
- Use hand & power tools to remove, install, replace, re-build, repair, & test parts/equipment on engines, engine fuel systems, transmissions, & other components.
- Perform all necessary safety checks on the equipment per procedures & policy.
- Use miscellaneous resources to reference parts, get information about parts & enter data into record systems.
- Use hand & power tools to disassemble/re assemble parts or equipment, drains fluids into tubs, cleans parts with rags, cleaners.
- Climb up onto, under, & into vehicles, uses hand & power tools to disassemble/re assemble: sheet metal, engines, transmissions, fuel systems, & other parts or equipment.
- Replace pumps, batteries, radiators, bearings, seals, wiring, solenoids, fuel lines, nozzles, tests float valves, glow plugs, alternators.
- Use meters, measuring devices, and other equipment to test and recalibrate equipment.
- Perform inspections, do preventative maintenance, change oil, replace filters, belts, coolants, hoses, may drain/clean/refill fuel systems
Must have valid driver's license. High school diploma or equivalent, plus a minimum of 5 years’ demonstrated work experience in an industrial or commercial Diesel Mechanics role. Must be a strategic thinker who can establish and manage plans. Desired candidate Should also possess the following skills and/or knowledge:
- Class A CDL not required but a plus
- Crane experience/knowledge a Plus
- Commercial Background
- Hydraulics experience
- Diesel experience
- Wiring experience
- Tractor Trailer mechanic experience
- Forklift experience indoor and outdoor
- Mobile man lifts
- Caterpillar experience/knowledge
- Cummings engine experience/knowledge
- Detroit engine experience/ knowledge
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled