95% travel nationwide! Proficient at all aspects of retail construction and trades, practices, procedures, techniques, tools and equipment, materials, specifications, quality control, cost control, and safety and applicable building codes.
A Working Superintendent with extensive skill and experience level, able to manage all aspects of construction projects including multiple employees and subcontractors and complete projects on schedule and budget. Candidate will join a team focusing on supporting our retail, banking, casual dining, and healthcare clientele on construction services ranging from one-off construction projects such as interior remodels to major capital expenditure initiatives including roll-outs, retrofits, refreshes, full site surveys, ADA compliance programs, and safety and site remediation programs. Extensive experience in multiple site, open store remodels in retail is essential
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create job schedules (Gantt Charts / Time & Action) using current technology.
- Manage daily job site reports and upload real time reportage to a web based portal
- Communicate with project management team
- Manage all aspects of projects and deliver on time and budget
- Manage change orders
- Ability to work with building departments to obtain permits, inspections and final closeout documents.
- Manage all sub trades and ensure they are on budget and schedule and that they are coordinating inspections and compliant with pertinent building codes
- Direct Carpenter Lead Foreman on all tasks company is self-executing – expectation is that Working Superintendent participates as supervisory role allows
- Reading and interpretation of plans
- Material takeoffs
- All phases of carpentry
- Framing, drywall, tape & bed
- Painting and finishing
- Flooring including VCT, carpet tile, hard wood, laminated and engineered wood
- Acoustical ceilings
- Millwork, case work and trim
Interpersonal and Communication Skills:
- Able to clearly explain steps, provide clear directions, and answer questions about construction processes to employees and subcontractors.
- Adept at establishing relationships with all parties involved in the construction process that facilitate harmonious working relationships during project, and permit prompt resolution of problems and conflicts as they occur.
- Able to organize progress of multiple employees and trade contractors on a single jobsite.
- Able to quickly identify potential schedule conflicts and generate and implement needed modifications.
- Able to complete and fulfill paperwork required for purchase orders, and time sheets.
Problem Solving: Job requires that alternative solutions be quickly generated to resolve scheduling conflicts, project delays, and design modifications.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Education: High School Graduate. Construction and trade certifications a plus. Must be proficient at basic computer skills (Outlook, Excel etc.) and the use of technology such as smart phones
Experience: Minimum of ten years in all phases of retail construction and five years supervisory experience. Good understanding of MEP building systems.
- Job requires ability to perform tasks on all areas and aspects of construction project. Requires ability to climb ladders for heights of up to 30 feet, and crawl for distances of 50 feet.
- Job requires ability to work with tools, lumber and materials. Ability to lift and manipulate objects of up to 100 lbs. for 50 feet is required.